Monday, January 25, 2010

Interview with Alan Fulle






q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.



a)i am a full time visual artist living in Seattle Washington usa



q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?



a)I always knew i would be an visual art or a musician.



q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?



a)in my study of clear paint vehicles, i have found epoxy resin which i use in my paintings and sculptures. I enjoy its looks feel plasticity and flexibility in terms of how many things i can make it do.



q) How would you describe your style?



a)I am Maximalist, materials oriented, abstraction focused artist



q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?



a)with my sculptures, i cut and recut my individual parts to create a complex whole. With my paitnings i start from a place i know and work through the unknown, back to a place i might know someday.



q) What are you working on at present?



a)I am working on completing some paintings that ive been working with for a long while. And my sculptures are getting larger and more monumental.



q) What about recent sources of inspirations?



a)I enjoy going to art galleries and museums, The last tri was to Los angeles Ca. to the museums and galleries there



q) What are some of your obsessions?



a)lists and being on time



q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?



a)I show at the william traver gallery in Seattle the Beppuwiarda gallery in portland the George billis gallery in LA and the Friesen gallery in sunvalley.



q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?



a)alan@alanfulle.com



q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?



a)work hard be a truth, have your own voice and listen but dont listen to others.



q) Who are your favorite artists?



a)too many to list, Max Ernst,,kapoor kiefer and Richter



q) What books are on your nightstand?



a)How late it was, how late, speed tribes ,the gingerman books on science or spirituality



q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?



a)woman



q)….your contacts…



a)nature

No comments: