Sunday, September 13, 2009

Interview with Patrick Winfield





q)please tell us a brief info about yourself.


a)for my job i am a graphic designer. my personal work gets done in the night time and on weekends. i love nature, good grief, bad hair days, silly dogs and nice people.



q)Tell us about your humble beginnings, When did you you first realized that you wanted to be an artist?


a)when my dream of becoming a giraffe dissolved i started to draw. this got me attention within my family, so i continued. then the girls liked it. now i do it for myself.


q)What are your tools of the trade and why?


a)whatever is at my disposal, anything goes. computer, printer, paints, spray paints, found material, film, pens and pencils, chalk, crayon, ink, fabric, etc.



q)Who or what gives you inspiration on your morbid art?


a)my morbid self ;) also books, music and walking around outside.


q)Is your artistic background self-taught or did you go to college to study?


a)both, i went to school then taught myself some things. always learning.


q)How do you keep “fresh” within your industry?


a)shower daily.


q)What are some of your current projects?


a)more collage work and music.


q)Which of your works are you the most proud of? And why?


a)the next one. it motivates me and makes it fun and really tough.


q)Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?


a)so, so many.


q)What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?


a)keep my mind open, no chemicals other than coffee, exercise and meditation. relax and smile. spend quality time with family and friends.


q)how do you spend most of your free time?


a)being happy. (see above)


q)What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)creative poodle grooming.


q)We really like some of your pictures, how can we get our hands on them? Do you sell them? How?


a)thanks! i sell them through my site. i can ship them out anywhere.

No comments: